The Internet Police Department is a scam that is considered as a ransomware virus and designed with the illicit purpose of trapping the innocent users, and take their money away along with their confidential data. This malicious ransomware once entered in the system will take the complete control of the machine and makes your system a hostage which means you are unable to access anything in the system. Instead of that you are only able to see a pop-up message frequently which shows that your system is locked by the authorities on account of illegal activities and you have to pay a certain amount of fine to unlock your PC. This is a fake notification which is wisely designed by using the name of the Internet Police Department. This malicious application uses the “Attention!” style fake alerts and infected thousands of computers all over the world especially in Canada. This virus is spread by the hackers to take the money of the users through frauds.
The Manual Removal of Internet Police Department
Once you are confirmed that the Internet Police Department ransomware is available in your system, your goal is to delete this virus quickly as well as effectively. You can do this either by using a reliable automatic removal tool,or by following the manual removal instructions that are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is necessary to start the system in the safe mode to start removing this dangerous ransomware manually. You have to simply restart the infected computer and with the help of F8 key you have to access the boot options list. Select the safe mode, and hit the enter key to reboot the machine in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together in order to access the windows task manager, and select the Processes tab to see the list of running processes, Remove the following processes from the list and close the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After getting rid of the processes, you have to delete the associated files of this ransomware. In this regard, you are required to delete the following files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Internet Police Department Ransomware.lnk
- %Programs%\Internet Police Department Ransomware\Internet Police Department Ransomware.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In order to access the registry editor you have to run the “RegEdit” command through the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you are required to delete the following entries associated with the Ministry of Public Safety Canada ransomware and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Police Department Ransomware\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Police Department Ransomware
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Police Department Ransomware\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Police Department Ransomware\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Police Department Ransomware\DisplayName Internet Police Department Ransomware
You also have to run a complete system scan with the help of your antivirus program after starting the system in the normal mode.