The Internet Helper Toolbar is a malicious browser hijacker that enters in the systems without the permission of the user. The Internet Helper Toolbar can infect most of the browsers that include internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google chrome. This malicious browser hijacker has been developed just like a legitimate search engine, and the main interface is just like Google Chrome, but in reality, this is nothing more than a deadly dangerous virus which is designed with the motive to steal your confidential information as well as data. All your searches redirected towards websites where you can get more parasites. Besides that, this virus is also used by the hackers to promote affiliate products and make commissions. Once installed, the Internet Helper Toolbar displays pop-up ads on the screen which is not only annoying, but also makes you unable to perform your daily routine tasks on your computer.
The Manual Removal of Internet Helper Toolbar
Once it is obvious that your computer is compromised to the Internet Helper Toolbar, you you required to delete this malicious browser hijacker without wasting any kind of time. You can get rid of this virus manually as well as automatically. The instructions for manual removal of this malicious application are mentioned below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal process, it is compulsory that you boot your infected system in the safe mode. Just reboot the computer and select safe mode option from booting sequence that can be accessed through F8 key.
Kill the Associated Processes
You have to remove the malicious processes related to this threat. This can be done by removing the following processes available under the processes tab of the windows task manager. The task manager can be accessed by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Once the malicious processes are removed successfully, you have to delete the associated data of the Internet Helper Toolbar. In this regard, you need to open the file explorer and from the system file folder you have to delete the following files:-
- %Desktopdir%\Internet Helper Toolbar virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Internet Helper Toolbar virus\Internet Helper Toolbar virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the start button, select run, type regedit, and press ok in the box to access the windows task manager. You have to delete the following entries from the windows registry that are considered as the associated entries of this malicious browser hijacker:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Helper Toolbar virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Helper Toolbar virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Helper Toolbar virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Helper Toolbar virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Helper Toolbar virus\DisplayName Internet Helper Toolbar virus
Once the above entries are deleted successfully, you have to close the registry editor before restarting the system in the normal mode. You also required to run a complete system scan on the computer but after updating the antivirus program.