The Internet Blast is a nasty adware infection that slips inside the computer secretly without the permission of the user, and performs several unwanted actions in the computer. This nasty adware introduces itself as a useful application that helps you in finding coupon deals and discounted offers to save your money along with time. However, in reality this is an adware infection that is used by the cyber crooks as an advertising platform to promote third party products. This malicious application installed as a browser extension, and it can infect most of the browsers used today including the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. Once installed, it will keep diverting you towards specific web pages whenever you try to surf on the web. You cannot open utilities like task manager, antivirus, and registry editor as long as this nasty adware is available in your system.
Removal of Internet Blast
The Internet Blast is a dangerous adware program that can be extremely harmful for your data security. Once you have found this malicious application in the system, you have to remove it swiftly. The manual removal of the Internet Blast is available yet extremely complicated that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to start the system in the safe mode so that you can access the task manager, and registry editor that are necessary to start the manual removal process. In this regard, you have to restart the computer and access the boot options menu by striking the F8 key repeatedly. Once the list of options has appeared on the screen, you have to select the Safe Mode, and press the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, you have to open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window to remove the following processes associated with the Internet Blast:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
After removing the associated processes, you have to remove the following suspicious files associated with the Internet Blast and hidden deep in the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Internet Blast ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Internet Blast ads\Internet Blast ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to find and remove the associated registry entries of the Internet Blast infection from the windows registry. In this regard, access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option of the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following corrupt entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Blast ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Blast ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Blast ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Blast ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Blast ads\DisplayName Internet Blast ads
Change the mode of operation to normal mode by restarting the system to see the effect of changes you have made recently.