The Insurancecomparisons.org is the latest variation of the adware infections and considered as an extremely dangerous threat that uses unethical methods to promote the affiliate products and run ad campaigns. The basic purpose of developing the Insurancecomparisons.org is to generate traffic on the low ranked commercial websites in order to make commissions from the affiliate sales. This fake application introduces itself as a tool to compare the insurance rates for home insurance, auto insurance, and life insurance but actually this is a trap that is designed to sneaks in the computers and changes the vital settings to weaken the security and cause privacy issues. Once installed this malicious application immediately start displaying annoying pop-up ads to disturb your normal browsing. Besides that, your searches also divert towards unknown websites where you are asked to buy products from the unknown suppliers. Some of the cyber criminals also use this virus to steal your hard earned money by accessing your financial details.
The Manual Removal of Insurancecomparisons.org
After detecting the Insurancecomparisons.org on your system, you need to drop whatever you are doing and remove this adware virus as soon as possible. You can get rid of this virus manually and also with the help of automatic removal tools. The automatic method is convenient for the novice users; whereas, the instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
To start your computer in the safe mode you have to restart the computer and use the F8 key to open the boot options screen and choose the safe mode option from there before pressing the Enter button. This will boot your computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
The next step of the manual removal method is killing the processes that are created by the Insurancecomparisons.org, This can be done by opening the windows task manager through Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and when you are able to see the task manager window, click the processes tab and remove the following processes associated with this malicious application:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You are required to delete the associated data that are hidden somewhere in the system files folder. You have to delete the following suspicious files:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last and most important step of this process is removing the modifications in the windows registry. You have to access he Registry Editor by using the RegEdit command that can be executed through the Run option available in the Start menu. Through the registry editor, you have to delete the following additions in the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Insurancecomparisons.org\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Insurancecomparisons.org\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Insurancecomparisons.org\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Insurancecomparisons.org\DisplayName Insurancecomparisons.org
To check the success the manual removal method, you have to restart the computer once again in the normal mode. Run a complete system scan on your PC after updating your current antivirus software.