The inksdata.com is a malicious browser hijacker that infects targeted computers all over the world. It has the ability to track the personal information of the user including their browsing preferences along with your credit card details. Once the inksdata.com installed on your PC, it will disable all your security tools including the antivirus program, and your system will be at risk for other malware, and parasites. Most of the antivirus programs are unable to detect this tricky browser hijacker, and it can easily install on any computer. This dangerous browser hijacker infects your computer when you accept online offers without confirming the identity of the publisher, opening an attachment received through spam email, or when you download a freeware from the internet. This browser hijacker is considered as the stubborn threat which has the ability to make your system completely useless if you allow it to remain in your computer.
Manual Removal Process of inksdata.com
Once it is detected on your computer, you need to remove it by following the below mentioned steps of manual removal process. However, if you want to use an automatic removal tool, you have to find one online:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
The first step of manual removal process is to reboot the computer by selecting the safe mode option from the boot menu. In order to see the boot menu, you need to use the F8 key while your computer is restarting.
Delete the Malicious Processes
When your computer is rebooted in the safe mode, you have to end the attached processes. In order to remove these malicious processes, you have to start the task manager window by holding the keys Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and click on the processes tab. You have to find and delete the following malicious processes related to the inksdata.com:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Files and Folders
After removing the attached processes successfully, you have to get rid of the associated files and folders. In this regard, you have to open the file explorer, and navigate to the following files to remove them with the help of Delete key:-
Delete Registry Entries
In the end you have to remove the malicious registry entries added by the inksdata.com at the time of installation. You have to start the registry editor by clicking on the start button, selecting the Run option, and typing the Regedit command before pressing the OK. Once the registry editor is started, you have to navigate towards following associated registry entries, and delete them by selecting one by one.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Inksdata.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Inksdata.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Inksdata.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Inksdata.com\DisplayName Inksdata.com
Once the entries are deleted, you have to close the registry editor and start the computer in the normal mode. You have to update the existing antivirus program, and run a complete system scan to check the infections in your computer.