The Infostealer.Sazoora is relatively new malware that creates malicious registry entries once installed on any infected PC. This is a backdoor application that creates holes in the security of the computer, and provides chance to other malicious applications to infect the computer. This dangerous malware has the ability to make your computer completely useless after installing itself. After getting itself installed on the computer, this malicious application has the ability to disable a number of useful applications including your antivirus program. The basic purpose of developing this dangerous malware is to steal the personal financial information of the user which is used in the online frauds. This information may include the logins, passwords, bank account details, credit card numbers, and the shopping preferences. Once detected, you need to remove it quickly in order to minimize the level of loss.
Manual Removal Method of Infostealer.Sazoora
The manual removal process of the Infostealer. Sazoora consists of several complicated steps that are described here. Often novice users failed to execute these steps as it is described here due to which they are unable to get the desired results. For such new users there are automatic removal tools available through which they can get rid of this tricky malware within just a few clicks of the mouse. Following are the instructions of the manual removal method:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
Before searching for the infected and associated files, folders, and registry entries, you have to reboot the infected computer in safe mode. In this regard, you have to restart the PC, and use F8 button to see the boot options. From these options, you have to select the safe mode, and hit the enter button.
Delete the Malicious Processes
After restarting the PC in the safe mode, you have to get rid of the associated process of Infostealer.Sazoora. In this regard, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together in order to start the task manager, and hit the processes tab to see the list of running processes. You have to find and delete the following process-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
In order to get rid of the Infostealer.Sazoora completely, you need to remove the following files by using the delete key:-
Delete Registry Entries
After removing the corrupt files associated with this malicious application, you have to get rid of the corrupt entries created in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to click on the start menu, select Run, write regedit, and press ok to start the registry editor and navigate towards following entries to delete them:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Infostealer.Sazoora\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Infostealer.Sazoora\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Infostealer.Sazoora\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Infostealer.Sazoora\DisplayName Infostealer.Sazoora
Once the above mentioned registry entries are deleted successfully, you have to close the registry editor, and restart the computer in the normal mode. Update your existing antivirus program, and run the complete system scan.