The Infostealer.Napolar is another variation of harmful computer infections that’s sneaks in the computers without getting permission from the user, and can make your computer completely useless if not removed quickly as well as effectively. The Infostealer.Napolar virus spread through downloading freeware from unknown publishers, unsafe browsing, and spam emails. Once entered in the system, the Infostealer.Napolar virus creates the corrupt registry keys due to which every time the user starts windows, this application runs automatically. This infection also acts as a redirect virus, and whenever you try to search anything through your default search engine, that will redirect towards compromising web pages which could bring more damage to the system. This infection presents itself as a useful legitimate application, and often novice users install it without confirming the facts. This virus is developed to steal the financial information of the users including the credit card details and credentials of the bank account.
The Manual Removal of Infostealer.Napolar
Once it is confirmed that your PC is under attack by Infostealer.Napolar virus, you have to take immediate steps to get rid of this complicated infection. You can do this with the help of any reliable automatic tool within a few seconds. However, there is a manual removal method available which is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the actual removal process of the Infostealer.Napolar virus, you have to reboot the computer and use the F8 key to access the boot options menu where you have to select the safe mode option before hitting the enter key to start the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Now you have to open the windows task manager and remove the malicious processes associated with the Infostealer.Napolar virus. You can access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window is accessed, click the processes tab where you can see the list of running processes in your system. Delete the following malicious processes quickly:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once done with the processes issue, you have to remove the following associated data from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process will be completed when you remove the modifications made by this virus in the registry section of your PC. Access the registry editor by running the RegEdit command through the Run option on the Start menu. Once the registry editor is visible on the screen, remove the following suspicious entries and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Infostealer.Napolar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Infostealer.Napolar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Infostealer.Napolar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Infostealer.Napolar\DisplayName Infostealer.Napolar
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of manual removal process, and run a complete system scan to remove the infections caused by this virus.