The Include-it.net is a malicious application that is categorized as a browser hijacker. The Include-it.net installed on the windows based computers without consent of the user. This browser hijacker is also considered as an adware, and can infect all the major browsers that include Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. This tricky browser hijacker spreads through free downloads, and social media links. Once installed, the Include-it.net can change all the settings of your browser that includes the home page, desktop background, and default search engine. This parasite is capable of updating itself through the internet which is even more dangerous. As this connects the infects PC to a remote server; therefore, it can use to steal the confidential information of the users regarding their shopping preferences, payment details, and passwords. The hackers use these details to steal their money and other cyber crimes. Once installed, it immediately starts eating the computer resources and makes the system works slowly as well as weirdly.
The Manual Removal of Include-it.net
Once the computer is corrupted by the Include-it.net , you need to remove this dangerous parasite as quickly as possible to minimize the loss of data and resources. There are some reliable automatic removal tools available that are helpful to delete this infection easily, within just a few clicks of the mouse. The manual removal of this malicious application is possible, but not recommended for the novice users. Following are the specific instructions to remove the Backdoor.Adwind manually.
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal process you have to reboot the system in order to terminate the normal mode, and start the computer in the safe mode. While the system is restarted, use the F8 key to see the boot options where you can select the safe mode option.
Kill the Associated Processes
Open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and once the task manager is accessed click on the processes tab. Under this tab you can see a list of running processes in the background of your computer. You have to find and delete the following malicious processes associated with this threat :-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Open the file explorer, navigate towards the system file folder, and delete the following suspicious files related to the Include-it.net .
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the registry editor by using the rigidity command through Run option on the start menu, and delete the following corrupt entries once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Include-it.net\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Include-it.net\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Include-it.net\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Include-it.net\DisplayName Include-it.net
Once the entries are removed successfully, close the registry editor, and restart the system in the safe mode to check the success of the manual removal process. Update the antivirus program to run a complete system scan to remove the infections caused by this virus.