The Inbxx.com virus is a malicious application that is classified as a browser redirect virus that can cause frequent redirects of your browser. This malicious application sneaks in the systems without getting the consent of the user. Mostly this virus installed through freeware/shareware downloads, compromised web pages, and spam email attachments. Once installed, the Inbxx.com virus modifies the home page along with the other browser settings, and also creates fake startup keys in the windows registry. Once you become the victim of this malicious application, you will notice that the screen of the system is flooded with the annoying pop-up ads that are used by the hackers to redirect you towards already compromised web pages. The Inbxx.com virus is capable of replicating itself quickly, and hides itself deep in the roots of the system files folder. Besides that, it corrupts the key system files, and removes the most accessed data files folder.
Removal of inbxx.com virus
After confirming the presence of the Inbxx.com virus in the system, you need to plan a strategy to remove this infection by taking some immediate steps. The automatic removal of this virus is not only easy, but also convenient for the new users. However, the manual removal process is also available in this regard that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can start the manual removal process after accessing the safe mode on the infected machine. In this regard, restart the computer, and strike the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to open the boot options menu. After accessing the boot options, select the Safe Mode option before pressing the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Remove the associated processes of the Inbxx.com virus with the help of task manager. In this regard, open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab to get the list of processes running in the background. Remove the following suspicious processes associated with this infection as soon as possible:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and proceed to the system files folder where you have to remove the following files with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\ Inbxx.com virus.lnk
- %Programs%\ Inbxx.com virus\ Inbxx.com virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you need to reverse the modifications made by this infection in the registry section of your windows operating system. Execute the RegEdit command through the Run option of Start Menu to access the registry editor. Remove the following corrupt entries from the windows registry by using the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Inbxx.com virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Inbxx.com virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Inbxx.com virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Inbxx.com virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Inbxx.com virus\DisplayName Inbxx.com virus
Reboot the system in the normal mode to evaluate the success or failure of your efforts. If the infection is removed successfully, run a complete system scan through the updated version of your current antivirus program.