The Inbxx.com redirect is a malicious application categorized as a redirect virus that is developed by the international hackers to infect the windows based computers. Once this nasty browser redirect virus enters in the system, it modifies the home page along with the search provider without your permission, and start performing illegal activities on the computer. It keeps redirecting you towards the unwanted phishing websites, and you are unable to open the websites of your own choices. This malicious application distributed through spam emails, compromised websites, freeware downloads, and p2p sharing of resources. This nasty infection can track your online activities, and browsing habits which then used to redirect you towards websites according to your interests. It can replicate itself on many locations due to which it becomes impossible to remove this virus through traditional removal methods. The Inbxx.com redirect infection disables the antivirus tools installed on the system, and block your access to task manager as well as the registry editor.
Removal of Inbxx.com redirect
The Inbxx.com redirect virus is a serious threat for the security of your data and resources due to which you need to remove it completely as soon as you found it in the system. There are both automatic as well as the manual removal method is available in this regard. The instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before proceeding in the manual removal, you have to boot the computer in the safe mode so that you can execute the instructions of manual removal process. In this regard, you have to restart the system, and press the F8 key repeatedly to open the boot options screen. Select the safe mode option from the list, and strike the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager, and click on the Processes tab under the task manager window. Delete the following malicious processes associated with the Inbxx.com redirect virus by using the “End Process” button before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Delete the following suspicious files associated with the Inbxx.com redirect virus from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\inbxx virus.lnk
- %Programs%\inbxx virus\inbxx virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, clean the windows registry by removing the unwanted entries to complete the manual removal process. Open the registry editor by clicking the Start menu, select Run option, and type “RegEdit” in the box. You have to delete the following entries associated with the Inbxx.com redirect virus:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\inbxx virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\inbxx virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\inbxx virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\inbxx virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\inbxx virus\DisplayName inbxx virus
Reboot the system in the normal mode after closing the registry editor to see how effectively you are able to remove the virus manually. Run a complete system scan after updating the existing antivirus software.