The Iminent.WebBooster is a serious threat for the windows based computers that presents itself as a useful browser helper object, but in reality, this is nothing more than a nasty computer infection. This is a completely fake application that is designed by the cyber crooks to gain the financial benefits. The hackers promote this infection via spam email attachments, p2p sharing, freeware downloads, and unsafe browsing. Once the Iminent.WebBooster settles down in the system, you cannot install new applications, opens the data files, and access the system utilities. Besides that, you cannot access the executable files of your already installed programs. Whenever you try to search anything on the web, or try to open a website, you will be diverted towards unwanted web pages which makes it impossible for you to surf freely on the internet. Once installed, the Iminent.WebBooster starts consuming a large portion of your hard drive as well other system resources due to which the speed of the computer also affected negatively.
The Manual Removal of Iminent.WebBooster
You need to get rid of the Iminent.WebBooster infection as quickly as possible once the presence of this nasty computer worm confirmed. There are some powerful automatic removal tools available to get rid of this malicious application within just a few minutes. The manual removal process consists of the following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
After terminating the normal mode of operation, you have to boot the system in the safe mode to start the manual removal process. Restart the PC, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options menu. Once the list of options appeared on the screen, select the safe mode, and press the Enter key to access the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step of this complicated process you have to kill the associated processes of the Iminent.WebBooster. Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and remove the following malicious processes available under the processes tab in the task manager window. Remove of the following corrupt processes by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the following associated files of the Iminent.WebBooster virus at your earliest from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Remove the corrupt entries created by this infection in the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. Open the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run and type regedit.exe. Delete the following associated entries once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Iminent.WebBooster\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Iminent.WebBooster\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Iminent.WebBooster\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Iminent.WebBooster\DisplayName Iminent.WebBooster
Close the registry editor, and restart the PC in the normal mode. You have to select the complete system scan from the main interface of your antivirus program to remove any infections caused by the Iminent.WebBooster virus.