Once installed, this malicious application redirects all your searching efforts towards websites that are un-trusted and can harm your computer in many different ways. This dangerous virus is used by the notorious hackers to track the online activity of the targeted users in order to steal their information as well as hard earned money. Once installed, this virus start using most of the resources installed on the infected machine due to which not only speed of the system affected badly, but the overall performance of the computer also degrades.
The Manual Removal of Ievbz.com
As soon as you have found out that this malicious application entered in your computer, you need to think about how to remove this virus effectively. The Ievbz.com can be deleted either by using any reliable automatic removal tool or by following the manual removal process that is only recommended for the advance level computer users. The manual removal process is detailed below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
In order to terminate the normal mode and boot your computer in the safe mode you need to use the F8 key while the system is in the process of restarting, to see the boot options where you can select the safe mode and press enter key to restart the infected computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
You have to get rid of the associated processes of this malicious application. In this regard, you have to open the windows task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys and once the task manager is accessed, select the process tab to see the list of all the running processes on your computer. You need to remove the following processes from the list one by one:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
The next step of this complicated process is removal of the following suspicious files from the system files folder
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To complete this process you need to remove the suspicious entries from the windows registry. To do this you have to access the registry editor by clicking on the Start button, select Run, and type RegEdit in the box before pressing the Enter key. After accessing the registry editor, you have to look for the following corrupt entries from the windows registry and delete them quickly:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ievbz.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ievbz.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ievbz.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ievbz.com\DisplayName ievbz.com
Close the registry editor and restart the system in the normal mode. Update your existing anti virus program to run a system scan on the PC.