The I-Gosearch is a recently distributed computer infection that is categorized as a browser hijacker that always sneaks in the system without notifying the user. The I-Gosearch introduce itself as a useful search engine that helps the users to enhance their web searching experience, but in reality, this is nothing more than a wisely designed trap set by the international hackers to steal the money of the targeted users. When this dangerous browser hijacker entered in the system, it connects the computer with a remote server managed by the developers of this threat, and monitors all your browsing activity. It records your passwords, and credit card details which are then used in the cyber crimes and online frauds to steal your money. The I-Gosearch automatically becomes your default search engine, and in the first look, it just looks like a useful search engines, but in when you start using it, you will find that it shows fake and manipulated search results. It disables many of the important system utilities including task manager, and registry editor. You will also notice that the overall speed of the system becomes extremely slow after arrival of this browser hijacker.
Removal of I-Gosearch
As soon as you will find the I-Gosearch on the system, your primary duty is to remove this lethal computer infection. There are some effective automatic tools available to get rid of this adware program. Besides that the manual removal process is also available in this regard that is detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is compulsory to boot the system in the safe mode. Restart the computer to terminate the normal mode, and access the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode option and strike the enter key to access the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and click on the Processes tab under the task manager window to see the list of processes. End the following suspicious processes associated with the I-Gosearch by using the “End Process” button before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Following are some of the files related to the I-Gosearch that you must remove from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to get rid of the corrupt entries created by this infection in the windows registry. Open the registry editor through RegEdit command which can be executed through Run option available in the start menu. Delete the following associated entries of the I-Gosearch before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\I-Gosearch\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\I-Gosearch\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\I-Gosearch\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\I-Gosearch\DisplayName I-Gosearch
Analyze the success of the manual removal efforts by restarting the machine in the normal mode. Do not forget to update your existing antivirus before running a complete system scan.