The uk.woofi.info is a new addition in the list of malicious applications belongs to the browser hijacker category of the viruses. This newly released browser hijacker sneaks in the windows based computers without the knowledge of the user. This malicious application enters in the computers to take the complete control of the browser, and redirect your searches towards the http://uk.woofi.info/ . Your home page, default search engine, desktop background, and other crucial browser settings changed suddenly. Your PC becomes slower than its actual speed, and you will also face the freezes, as well as crashes more often than usual. You will also experience the harmful advertisement through the pop-up ads, and sometimes the malicious web pages opened itself while you are performing any other task. Besides that, the browser also crashes too often without any reasons. In short, your system acts weirdly. The hackers use this tool to promote the affiliate products and make commissions.
The Manual Removal of uk.woofi.info
Once the uk.woofi.info sneaks in the computer, your ultimate goal is to remove this malicious browser hijacker as quickly as possible. There are some automatic removal tools available for this purpose. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available which is only recommended for the computer professionals. The manual removal method is described below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
You have to restart the computer in the safe mode before start removing this browser hijacker. In this regard, you have to restart the computer and press the F8 key repeatedly to open the boot options. Once you are able to see these options, select the safe mode, and hit the enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
You have to remove the associated processes of this malicious browser hijacker. Open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and select the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background. You have to delete the following processes from that list by selecting one by one, and using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
The associated files along with their folders are required to be removed from the program files folder. Delete the following corrupt files related to this infection.
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to remove the corrupt entries created in the windows registry by this malicious application. You can access the registry editor by executing the “RegEdit” command with the help of “Run” option in the “Start Menu”. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to delete the following entries immediately:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\http://uk.woofi.info/\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\http://uk.woofi.info/\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\http://uk.woofi.info/\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\http://uk.woofi.info/\DisplayName http://uk.woofi.info/
Once the above entries removed successfully, you have to close the registry editor, and restart the PC in the normal mode. Run a complete system scan on your computer after updating the antivirus software already installed on your computer.