The http://static.greatappsdownload.com is a nasty computer virus which is classified as a browser hijacker that is capable of hijacking any specific website. This malicious application pretends to be a powerful search engine that will help you in improving the web surfing experience, but in reality, this is a virus. The http://static.greatappsdownload.com modify the windows registry, changes the important system settings, and alters the browser settings as soon as it invades the computer. This malicious application degrades the overall performance of your system as it consumes most of the resources installed on the system. This dangerous browser hijacker is capable of hijacking most of the browsers including the Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This application is not designed to help you, instead of that, the hackers use this infection to steal your money by using your personal details in the cyber frauds. If you failed to remove this virus in time, it can make your system completely useless within just a few days.
Removal of http://static.greatappsdownload.com
You have to realize that this is an extremely dangerous browser hijacker that can harm your system in many different ways. The http://static.greatappsdownload.com can be removed both ways manually as well as automatically. The manual removal method is only recommended for the experienced computer users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is necessary to boot the system in the safe mode before starting the manual removal process. In this regard, first of all, you have to restart the PC and keep striking the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of options. You must select the safe mode option before pressing the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you have successfully started the system in the safe mode, you can proceed to the next step of the manual removal in which you have to kill the associated processes of this browser hijacker. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together in order to access the windows task manager, and click on the processes tab where you have to end the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the following associated files of the http://static.greatappsdownload.com from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to remove the alterations made by this infection in the windows registry. Open the registry editor by selecting the start menu, choose Run option, and type Regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following entries associated with the http://static.greatappsdownload.com:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://static.greatappsdownload.com/\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://static.greatappsdownload.com/\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://static.greatappsdownload.com/\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://static.greatappsdownload.com/\DisplayName Http://static.greatappsdownload.com/
Restart the system once again but this time in the normal mode to see the effect of changes you have made recently, and run a system scan from the main interface of your antivirus software.