This malicious application redirects all your searches towards annoying websites due to which you cannot browse anything on your computer. This browser hijacker application often spreads through the spam email attachments, and downloading freeware. This malicious virus also records your online activity in order to transfer your sensitive data to the developers of this virus. These notorious hackers use this information to steal your money through online frauds. Besides modifying the crucial system files, and settings, the Oople.net also able to delete your most visited folders.
The Manual Removal of Oople.net
You have to confirm the presence of the Oople.net in your computer before thinking of removal of this malicious browser hijacker. This dangerous browser hijacker can be removed either by using the manual removal method which is extremely complicated for the new users, or by selecting any reliable automatic removal tool. The instructions for the manual removal process are as under:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before removing this virus manually, you have to boot the system in the safe mode. Restart the infected computer and use the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Once the list of options is visible on the screen, you have to select the safe mode option and hit the enter key to boot the infected computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Removing the associated processes of this malicious browser hijacker is the next step of this process. In this regard, open the task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys and select the process tab to see the list of all the running processes in your system. You have to locate as well as remove the following corrupt processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Once these associated processes are removed, you have to open the file explorer, and delete following associated files from the system files folder
- %Desktopdir%\Http://oople.net/ Hijacker.lnk
- %Programs%\Http://oople.net/ Hijacker\Http://oople.net/ Hijacker.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Cleaning the windows registry is also important to complete the manual removal process. In this regard, click on the start menu, select run, and type RegEdit in the box to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to look for the following malicious entries from the windows registry and delete them immediately:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://oople.net/ Hijacker\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://oople.net/ Hijacker
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://oople.net/ Hijacker\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://oople.net/ Hijacker\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://oople.net/ Hijacker\DisplayName Http://oople.net/ Hijacker
Close the registry editor application and restart the computer in the normal mode. Update your existing anti virus program to run a system scan on the system.