The Http://my-uq.com/rdr is a malicious browser hijacker that has recently attacked thousands of windows base computers in the different parts of the world. Once it enters in your PC, it starts eating the a huge portion of your system resources which results in slowdowns, and regular crashes. These types of threats sneaks in the computers through unsafe browsing, p2p sharing of files, visiting porn sites, spam emails, and sharing resources with other computers in the same network. Immediately after settling down in the system, the Http://my-uq.com/rdr changes the windows registry so that it can execute automatically every time the user starts the PC. This malicious browser hijacker changes the vital settings on the system in order to take the complete control of your browsing. Besides that, this virus changes the windows firewall and other security settings to open the backdoor for additional parasites. Often your searches will be redirected towards porn websites, and other places where you are forced to make purchases of fake products.
The Manual Removal of Http://my-uq.com/rdr
After knowing that your system is under attack by the Http://my-uq.com/rdr, one of the first thing you need to do is find a way to remove this tricky browser hijacker. You can delete this infection with the help of any reliable automatic tool; however, if you have skills, you can also remove this nasty computer virus manually. The details of the manual removal method are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You need to boot the system in the safe mode before start removing the Http://my-uq.com/rdr infection manually. In this regard, you have to access the boot options menu by using the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Once you select the safe mode option from the list, you just need to click the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and select the “Processes” tab to see a list of processes running in the background. Remove the following suspicious processes from the list and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the processes, you have to get rid of the associated data of the Http://my-uq.com/rdr infection. In this regard following are some of the suspicious files that you need to find and delete:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To complete the manual removal process, you need to remove the corrupt entries from windows registry. Open the registry editor with the help of Regedit command that can be Run through the start menu, and remove the following associated entries of Http://my-uq.com/rdr virus:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://my-uq.com/rdr\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://my-uq.com/rdr\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://my-uq.com/rdr\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://my-uq.com/rdr\DisplayName Http://my-uq.com/rdr
Do not forget to close the registry editor before restarting the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have removed this nasty infection.