The isearch.shopathome.com is a malicious application that is classified as a nasty browser hijacker that is developed, and distributed by the cyber crooks with the clear intention to promote affiliate products, and run commercial advertisement campaigns. The isearch.shopathome.com is actually an effective tool for the hackers to generate organic traffic on the low ranked websites, and make money from the pay per click programs. You will notice that the home page, desktop, and the search provider is changed without your consent. This malicious application is responsible for displaying thousands of pop-up ads which makes it impossible for you to surf on the web freely. Apart from that, you cannot access the system utilities like registry editor, and task manager. The antivirus and windows firewall also disabled to avoid any detection or removal effort. The basic aim of the hackers to access your computer remotely, and steal your personal financial information like credit card credentials, bank account information, emails, and passwords.
Removal of http://isearch.shopathome.com/
Once you discover the isearch.shopathome.com on your personal computer, you have to find a way to remove this application quickly. There are some effective automatic removal tools available for this purpose, that are not only convenient to use, but also give you hundred percent results. The manual removal process is a bit complicated for the basic level computer users that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal process can be started after accessing the safe mode on the infected machine. In this regard, you are required to restart the system, and while the system is restarted, keep striking the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options screen. Select the safe mode once you are able to see the boot options screen on your computer, and press the Enter key to access the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to get rid of the associated processes of this infection by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and get the access to the task manager. Select the processes tab under the task manager window where you have to find the following associated processes of the isearch.shopathome.com:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
In the next step, you have to remove the following suspicious files associated with the isearch.shopathome.com from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Clean the windows registry by removing the modifications made by this virus to complete the manual removal method. Access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the Start menu. Remove the following suspicious entries by using the registry editor-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Isearch.shopathome.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Isearch.shopathome.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Isearch.shopathome.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Isearch.shopathome.com\DisplayName Isearch.shopathome.com
You have to reboot the computer in the normal mode after closing the registry editor to see the success or failure of the removal process.