The http://flippyroo.net/ is a malicious web page that is designed and distributed by the cyber crooks to attack the computers all over the world. This dangerous infection is classified as a browser hijacker that is known as resources eater, and eats most of the resources installed on the system which results in a huge slowdown in the speed of the computer. Once entered in the system, it starts recording your browsing activity, and then transfer it to the developers of this application who sends you the classified ads based on your browsing history. After invading the system, the http://flippyroo.net/ adds the search toolbar on the home page of your default browser, and start diverting you towards unwanted web pages whenever you try to surf on the web. This malicious application is designed in a way that the user always interested, but this is a trap set by these notorious cyber thugs to make money online through illegal and unethical ways.
Removal of http://flippyroo.net/
The http://flippyroo.net/is an extremely dangerous browser hijacker that is required to be removed as soon as you are able to confirm its presence in the system. The basic level users can remove this browser hijacker with the help of any reliable automatic tool. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available for the experienced computer users which can be carried out as per following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot open many of the important programs such as task manager and registry editor in the normal mode; therefore, you have to boot the computer in the safe mode. Restart the computer from the start menu, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to open the boot options menu. Select the Safe Mode option from the boot options menu, before striking the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to access the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab under the task manager window and remove the following associated processes of the http://flippyroo.net/:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You also need to remove the associated data of the http://flippyroo.net/. Following are the files that you required to remove from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Remove the malicious entries created by this nasty browser hijacker in the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. Open the registry editor by clicking on the Start Menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following suspicious entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\http://flippyroo.net/\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\http://flippyroo.net/\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\http://flippyroo.net/\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\http://flippyroo.net/\DisplayName http://flippyroo.net/
Reboot the machine in the normal mode to check the success of the manual removal process. Do not forget to run a complete system scan through any reliable antivirus to remove any infections caused by this lethal browser hijacker.