The HTML_IFRAME.USR is a lethal Trojan infection that enters in the system without the permission of the user, and hide itself wisely along with the sensitive system files. Besides that, it also creates the startup key in the windows registry to start automatically every time the user starts the computer. The basic purpose of designing this application is, the cyber crooks want to use this tool as a weapon to steal the confidential data of the users which includes emails, passwords, and credit card details. Once installed, it immediately changes the critical system settings to control your browsing activities. Besides that, the home page, and default search engine is also changed by this Trojan infection. All your searches will be redirected towards phishing websites where you are encouraged to buy a certain type of products. Most of the system resources are utilized by this malicious application due to which you will face regular crashes as well as freezes.
The Manual Removal of HTML_IFRAME.USR
When the presence of the HTML_IFRAME.USR is confirmed, it becomes unavoidable for you to delete this Trojan infection immediately to minimize the damage. There are manual removal method, and automatic removal tools available through which you can delete this Trojan virus. The manual removal method is described as below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the infected computer and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the menu regarding boot options. Select the safe mode option, and press the Enter key to start your computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
You also need to kill the associated processes of this Trojan. In this regard, you need to access the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab when you are able to see the task manager window. Delete the following processes from the available list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After that, you need to delete the suspicious files that are hidden in the system files folder along with critical system files. Following are some of the files that you have to find and delete quickly to remove this virus completely from your system:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of the manual removal process is to get rid of the malicious entries associated with this Trojan infection from the windows registry. The registry editor can be accessed by using the “Regedit.exe” command that can be executed through Run option available in the start menu. Delete the following associated entries of the HTML_IFRAME.USR and close the registry editor window:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HTML_IFRAME.USR\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HTML_IFRAME.USR\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HTML_IFRAME.USR\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HTML_IFRAME.USR\DisplayName HTML_IFRAME.USR
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you have removed this malicious adware. Update the existing antivirus program installed on your computer and run a complete system scan to remove the infections.