The HQ_Video_v4V24.05 is the new addition in the recently launched tricky adware programs, and always slips inside the system without getting any permission from the user. This malicious application can infect all the popular browsers, including Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. Once installed, your system starts behaving weirdly by showing frequent system errors. Often your computer shows blue screen error, and restart automatically, and it start responding slowly when you open a new file. When you open a new browser tab, you will surprised to see a number of promotional ads on the various corners of the browser window. In this situation, it becomes impossible to surf on the web and you cannot complete your routine tasks accordingly. Whenever you try to open a website, you will automatically redirected towards fake shopping websites where a trap is set for you to steal your money along with the credit card information. This malicious application is also known as a resource eater and it consume most of your resources to make it slow.
Removal of HQ_Video_v4V24.05
Once it is confirmed that your system is a victim of the HQ_Video_v4V24.05 adware, you have to get rid of this unwanted program as quickly as possible. There are manual as well as the automatic removal methods are available in this regard. The automatic method is easy as well as fast, and the manual removal is a bit complicated for the basic level computer users, and described below:-
Reboot the System in The Safe Mode
You cannot start the manual removal process by remaining in the normal mode of operation; therefore, you have to restart the PC to terminate the normal mode, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options. Select the safe mode from the list of options, and hit the Enter key to access the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
Start the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background of your system. End the following corrupt processes as quickly as possible:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You have locate and remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder by using the Delete key at your earliest:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Complete the manual removal by removing the associated registry entries of this virus. In this regard, open the registry editor through Regedit command that you can execute from the Run option of the Start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HQ_Video_v4V24.05\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HQ_Video_v4V24.05\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HQ_Video_v4V24.05\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HQ_Video_v4V24.05\DisplayName HQ_Video_v4V24.05
Restart the PC in the normal mode after closing the registry editor, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus program to remove any infections caused by this virus.