How to Remove HomeRae ToolbarThe HomeRae Toolbar is a computer worm belongs from the browser hijacker family of infections. This malicious application is a serious threat for the overall security of your computer. This nasty browser hijacker is sophistically designed by cyber criminals to get easy access of any computer remotely, and steal the valuable information that can be used in online frauds. The HomeRae Toolbar attacks the system while visiting the compromised web pages, through file sharing networks, using corrupt removable devices, junk mail attachments, and free software installation. This dangerous computer worm contains the keyloggers to track your activities, and then send all the information to a remote server managed by the cyber crooks. This lethal browser hijacker can detect most of the important data files stored on your PC. Your personal information remains at high stake as long as the virus is remains in the system.
Removal of HomeRae Toolbar
The HomeRae Toolbar is a dangerous browser hijacker that should be removed as soon as you are able to detect it. There are some effective automatic removal tools available in this regard. Besides automatic removal, the manual removal process of the HomeRae Toolbar is also available, but due to its complexity, it is only recommended to the advanced level computer users. The instructions for the manual removal of this browser hijacker are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The virus can be removed manually after accessing the safe mode on the system. Restart the computer, and get the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode after accessing the boot options, and press the Enter button to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, you have to open the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab under the task manager window where you have to delete the following corrupt processes by using the “End Process” button: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following associated files of the HomeRae Toolbar by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\HomeRae Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\HomeRae Toolbar\HomeRae Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The process will be completed once you remove the corrupt registry entries. Access the registry editor in order to make changes in the windows registry by selecting the start menu, click on the Run, and type “regedit.exe” in the box. After accessing the registry editor, you have to remove the following corrupt entries and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HomeRae Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HomeRae Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HomeRae Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HomeRae Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HomeRae Toolbar\DisplayName HomeRae Toolbar
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the instructions. Run a complete system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus program. .