The Highqualitypolice.net is a totally fake application falls in the category of the ransomware infections. This malicious application is specifically designed to attack the windows based computers, and target the users secretly. Once this nasty ransomware enters in the system, it blocks your access, and you are unable to open many of your legitimate programs. You cannot open your browser at all, and every time you try to open the browser, you will be asked to pay the fine amount in order to unlock the system. You will see a full screen image in which a message is written for you that states your system is blocked by the local authorities as you are involved in cyber crimes such as violation of copyrights, or watching child pornographic sites. This malicious application can infect your computer while visiting hacker websites, spam emails, unsafe browsing, and freeware downloads. The Highqualitypolice.net blocks your antivirus, modify the DNS settings, create fake entries in the windows registry, and you are unable to open the task manager. This is actually a scam designed by the notorious cyber criminals to trap the targeted users, and extract some money out of their pockets.
Removal of Highqualitypolice.net
After discovering the Highqualitypolice.net ransomware infection on your computer, you have to get rid of this nasty computer worm as soon as possible. There are some reliable antivirus programs available to remove this infection quickly. Apart from that, the manual removal process is also available that is only recommended for the advanced level user. The manual removal process consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the system to terminate the normal mode, and while the system is restarted, press the F8 key repeatedly to gain the access of the boot options menu screen. Choose the safe mode option from the list, and press the Enter key to access your system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background. Remove the following associated processes of this ransomware, and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
In the next step, you have to get rid of the associated data of this ransomware. In this regard, delete the following suspicious files from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Remove the fake entries created by this virus in the windows registry. In this regard, open the registry editor by running the Regedit command through the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following entries as soon as possible:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Block.highqualitypolice.net\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Block.highqualitypolice.net\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Block.highqualitypolice.net\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Block.highqualitypolice.net\DisplayName Block.highqualitypolice.net
To see how effectively you have followed the instructions, you need to reboot the system in the normal mode.