The HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic is an extremely dangerous Trojan that is classified as a ransomware infection. The HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic sneaks into the system without your consent, and provide a chance to the remote hackers to access your private data folders, and steal the valuable personal information. Once this malicious application enters in the system, it changes the default browser configuration, modify the windows registry, disables the antivirus, and remove the important system files without your permission. This nasty Trojan can enter in the system while playing online games, downloading free software updates, spam emails, and visiting hacked websites. Once this malicious Trojan installed successfully on the system, it monitors your online behaviors, records your browsing history, and steal the highly confidential personal details, including the credit card information, bank account details, emails, passwords, and shopping preferences. You will notice a huge decrease in the overall performance of the system, and you cannot access the security related websites anymore.
Removal of HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic
The HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic is a serious threat for the overall security of your system, and you must clean this dangerous infection from your system effectively. The automatic removal method in this regard is the most popular way, and recommended for the basic level computer users. Besides that, the manual removal of this Trojan infection is also possible, yet extremely complicated, and only recommended for the experienced users. Following are the steps involved in the manual removal process:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before following the instructions of the manual removal process, you have to boot the infected system in the safe mode. You simply have to restart the system, and access the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. After accessing the boot options list, select the Safe Mode, and press the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed, open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see a list of all the processes. You have to remove the following suspicious processes from the list, and close the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following malicious files along with their folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to complete this manual process by cleaning the windows registry. In this regard, access the registry editor by executing the “regedit” command through Run option on the Start menu. After accessing the registry editor, remove the following corrupt entries associated with the HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic\DisplayName HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic
Restart the system, but this time, access it in the normal mode, and update your existing antivirus before running a complete system scan.