The HEUR:Exploit.Java.CVE-2013-2423.gen is actually a malicious Java Runtime Environment Applet virus that sneaks in the systems automatically and perform various harmful activities. Once installed, the HEUR:Exploit.Java.CVE-2013-2423.gen creates malicious entries in the windows registry, and disable the antivirus program to open the backdoor for the additional viruses. Besides that, this extremely dangerous computer virus changes the windows firewall settings and other security tools to make your PC a junkyard for the different types of computer parasites. This deadly dangerous worm hides itself wisely deep in the roots of the system files, and keep performing different hazardous activities to destroy your system completely. You are unable to access many of your crucial system utilities because of this virus. This computer virus is used by the online criminals and cyber crooks to record the browsing activities of the user, and access some of the very personal information like credit card details, bank account credentials, passwords, etc to steal the money of the user. One of the key symptoms of this virus is, you will notice that the overall performance along with the browsing speed of your PC is decreased manifolds.
The Manual Removal of HEUR:Exploit.Java.CVE-2013-2423.gen
Once it becomes clear that your computer is affected by the HEUR:Exploit.Java.CVE-2013-2423.gen, you have to remove it without wasting a single minute. This deadly dangerous virus can be removed both ways, by selecting the automatic tools, and also manually. The manual removal process of this computer virus is complicated enough for the basic level users. The instructions for the manual removal of this infection are detailed below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the system, by pressing the F8 key repeatedly to access to the boot options menu. Select the safe mode and press the Enter key to change the mode of operation of your computer from normal to safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
You are required to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the Processes tab available in the windows task manager to see the list of the running processes. Find and remove the following processes associated to the HEUR:Exploit.Java.CVE-2013-2423.gen infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You are also required to access the system files folder and remove the following files that are considered as the associated data of the HEUR:Exploit.Java.CVE-2013-2423.gen:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the start menu, select the Run option, and write “RegEdit” before pressing the Enter key to open the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following malicious entries from the windows registry before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HEUR:Exploit.Java.CVE-2013-2423.gen\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HEUR:Exploit.Java.CVE-2013-2423.gen\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HEUR:Exploit.Java.CVE-2013-2423.gen\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HEUR:Exploit.Java.CVE-2013-2423.gen\DisplayName HEUR:Exploit.Java.CVE-2013-2423.gen
In the end, you have to reboot your computer in the normal mode and see whether the virus is removed successfully or not. Run a complete the system scan after updating the antivirus program.