The HDQ-1.2cV12.01 is another malicious application that is designed, developed, and distributed by the international hackers to gain the remote access of the targeted computers. This nasty computer worm is classified as an adware infection, and used by the cyber crooks to run third party advertisements. It is also used as a tool to promote affiliate sites, and when you click any of the links sent to you through the pop-up alerts, the hackers make commissions from the pay per click schemes. It introduced itself as a useful tool that enhances your web browsing experience, but in reality this is nothing more than a nasty adware. It is equally capable of recording your key-strokes, and steal your private financial details to make an attempt to steal your money.
Manual Removal of Ads by HDQ-1.2cV12.01 pop-up ads
Once your system comes under attack by HDQ-1.2cV12.01 pop-up ads, you need to take some effective steps to protect your system resources as well as data stored on the computer. In this regard, you can try manual removal method as well as automatic tools. The instructions for the manual removal of this adware are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Access the safe mode of operation on the infected system to start the manual removal process. In this regard, restart the computer, and use the F8 key to see the boot options screen. Select the safe mode option from the available list and press the Enter key to open the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step, you need to remove the associated processes of this adware. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager and click on the processes tab to see a list of processes running in the background of your system. Remove the following associated processes of the HDQ-1.2cV12.01 pop-up ads: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the associated processes, you have to remove the associated data of this threat. In this regard, you have to find and delete the following files from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the final step, you have to reverse the modifications made by this virus in the registry section of your operating system. Click on the start men, select Run and type Regedit in the box to access the registry editor. Remove the following associated entries of this adware infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HDQ-1.2cV12.01 pop-up\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HDQ-1.2cV12.01 pop-up
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HDQ-1.2cV12.01 pop-up\UninstallString“%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HDQ-1.2cV12.01 pop-up\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HDQ-1.2cV12.01 pop-up\DisplayNameHDQ-1.2cV12.01 pop-up
Once you are able to complete the steps mentioned above according to the instructions, you have to check the availability of the virus. Reboot the system in the normal mode, and analyze the effectiveness of the manual removal process. If the adware is removed completely, run a system scan after updating your existing antivirus tool.