The HackTool:Win32/Oylecann.A is a nasty computer worm that belongs to the famous Trojan family of computer infections and acts as a browser hijacker when it attacks a windows based computer. This malicious application is developed with latest hacking techniques, and cannot be detected through normal antivirus program or other tools. Once this Trojan ables to infiltrate in any computer, it modifies most of the default system settings, and opens a backdoor secretly in the system to bring other parasites. It connects all your browsing activity to a remote server which will be carefully monitored by the notorious cyber criminals. They record your browsing history and send you the emails and pop-up ads that matches your browsing habits. You cannot access many of the important system utilities as long as this Trojan remains in the system. Apart from above mentioned activities, the HackTool:Win32/Oylecann.A is also a serious threats for the data stored on your system. The performance of the system also reduces because of this nasty infection.
Removal of HackTool:Win32/Oylecann.A
Once it is confirmed that the system is compromised to the HackTool:Win32/Oylecann.A, you have to i9mmediately take steps to remove this Trojan virus. The automatic removal of this infection is one of the easiest methods of getting rid of this infection, and it is recommended for the new or average computer users. You can also remove this adware manually, which is a complicated process for the novice users. The manual removal instructions are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, you have to open the system in the safe mode in order to execute the commands of the manual removal process. In this regard, you just have to restart the PC, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options. Select the safe mode option from the list and press the enter key to access the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab in which you can see a list of processes running in the background. End the following processes associated with the HackTool:Win32/Oylecann.A before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to find the following associated files of the HackTool:Win32/Oylecann.A in the system files folder, and remove them as quickly as possible:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Clean the windows registry by removing the corrupt entries created by this infection. In this regard, access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the HackTool:Win32/Oylecann.A:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HackTool:Win32/Oylecann.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HackTool:Win32/Oylecann.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HackTool:Win32/Oylecann.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HackTool:Win32/Oylecann.A\DisplayName HackTool:Win32/Oylecann.A
Restart the system once again, but in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to follow the instructions.