The HackTool:Win32/Injectxin is a malicious computer virus that is categorized as a Trojan horse infection, and enters in the windows based computers without getting the consent of the users. Once installed, you will notice that the system starts acting weird, and you will see that the system restart automatically. The HackTool:Win32/Injectxin infection modifies the entries in the windows registry section to start automatically every time the user opens the system. Besides that, it also changes the crucial system settings, disable the antivirus and other security tools, alters the windows firewall settings, and change the internet settings to perform harmful activities within the system. The HackTool:Win32/Injectxin is a resource consumer, and consumes most of the system resources due to which you can notice a considerable drop in the overall performance as well as the speed of the computer. The notorious hackers use this virus to access the private information of any user, and use that information to steal their money.
The Manual Removal of HackTool:Win32/Injectxin
After confirming the discovery of the HackTool:Win32/Injectxin virus in your computer, you have to decide how you want to remove this dangerous Trojan horse. You have to make a choice between the automatic removal method which is easy as well as quick, and a manual removal method which is complicated for the novice users. The instructions for the manual removal of this deadly dangerous Trojan virus is described as below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to shift the operating mode of the system from normal mode to safe mode in order to start the manual removal of the HackTool:Win32/Injectxin virus. Reboot the system, and use the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot options. Select the safe mode from the list of boot options and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the computer operates in the safe mode, you can continue the manual removal process by accessing the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Once the task manager accessed, you have to choose the Process tab available in that window and remove the following suspicious processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following associated files from there with the help of Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end you have to delete the corrupt entries from the windows registry to complete the manual removal of the HackTool:Win32/Injectxin. In this regard, you have to access the registry editor by executing the “regedit.exe” command through Run option in the Start menu. Remove the following files once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HackTool:Win32/Injectxin\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HackTool:Win32/Injectxin\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HackTool:Win32/Injectxin\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HackTool:Win32/Injectxin\DisplayName HackTool:Win32/Injectxin
Reboot the computer again in the normal mode to see the effect of manual removal instructions. Do not forget to run a system scan after updating the current antivirus program.