The HackTool.Win32.Crypt.sa is recently discovered computer virus that has infected many of the windows based systems in just a short time after its arrival. Once entered in the PC, the HackTool.Win32.Crypt.sa can be extremely dangerous for overall security of your system as it creates the data privacy issues, and performs several other unwanted activities inside the system. It modifies the home page, default search provider, background, DNS settings, and windows firewall. It is impossible to detect this malicious application through the ordinary antivirus tool as it disables it immediately after invading the system. The HackTool.Win32.Crypt.sa is responsible of running thousands of annoying pop-up ads on the screen of the computer. Besides that, it also diverts your web surfing sessions towards unknown websites for commercial purposes. This is an effective tool for the people who make commissions through deceptive marketing, and other unethical marketing techniques. This is a serious threat for your computer as it can make the system completely useless if not removed in time.
Removal of HackTool.Win32.Crypt.sa
As soon as it is confirmed that the HackTool.Win32.Crypt.sa, you need to remove this virus as a top priority in order to minimize the loss. This nasty infection can be removed either by using any automatic tool, or by following the complicated instructions of the manual removal process. The steps involved in the manual removal of this virus are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the infected PC to terminate the normal mode, and hit the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to gain the access of the boot options screen. Select the safe mode option from the menu, and strike the Enter key to open the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode on your computer, you have to start the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Select the processes tab under the task manager window where you can see the list of processes running in the background. End the following associated processes of this infection one by one before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You have to get rid of the following malicious files from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal of the HackTool.Win32.Crypt.sa is completed when you clean the windows registry. In this regard, you have to open the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following entries associated with this nasty infection and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HackTool.Win32.Crypt.sa\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HackTool.Win32.Crypt.sa\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HackTool.Win32.Crypt.sa\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HackTool.Win32.Crypt.sa\DisplayName HackTool.Win32.Crypt.sa
Do not forget to restart the PC in the normal mode to see the effect of the changes you have made recently, and run a full system scan from the main interface of your antivirus program.