The gyp.javadriver.net is another variation of recently discovered browser hijackers that also have the attributes of the redirect infections. This malicious computer worm can change the internet settings as soon as it arrived in the system in order to take the control of your online activities. Once enters in the system, the gyp.javadriver.net hijacks your default browser, and change the home page before redirecting you towards its own domain or affiliate sites. Once it invades your windows based computer, it starts interrupting your browsing sessions, and divert you towards unwanted websites. The important system utilities such as task manager, Add/Remove Programs, antivirus, and control panel are blocked by this malicious application. Your important details such as credit card numbers, bank account credentials, and emails are at stake because of the presence of this nasty browser hijacker.
Removal of gyp.javadriver.net
After discovering the gyp.javadriver.net browser hijacker on your system, you have to take immediate steps to get rid of this dangerous computer worm. You can do this with the help of any powerful automatic removal tool . Besides that, the manual removal of this virus is also possible yet extremely complicated. The instructions for the manual removal method are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the steps of manual removal process, you have to open the system in the safe mode. Reboot the computer, and strikes the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot options menu. Once the boot options menu is visible on the screen, you have to select the safe mode option with the help of the arrow keys before striking the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
To get rid of the associated processes of this virus you have to access the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager is visible on the screen, you have to click on the Processes tab under the task manager window, and kill the following malicious processes associated with the gyp.javadriver.net browser hijacker, and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the associated processes, you have to remove the associated data of this infection. In this regard, remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process will be completed when you delete the suspicious entries from the windows registry. In this regard, you have to access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the Start menu. Delete the following suspicious entries with the help of the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gyp.javadriver.net\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gyp.javadriver.net\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gyp.javadriver.net\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gyp.javadriver.net\DisplayName Gyp.javadriver.net
Reboot the machine in the normal mode to see if this malicious application is removed successfully or still available. Run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus program.