The Grabsofts.com pop-up is a dangerous computer worm that can make your system useless, and take full control of your browsing activities. This nasty infection is classified as an adware, and it arrives in your system while downloading a freeware. Besides that, it also attacks via spam email attachments, and live streaming sources. It has the ability to change basic settings in your browser without your knowledge, and you will see the home page along with default search engine is changed automatically. Once installed, it immediately displays the annoying pop-up ads, and the fake updates regarding the health of your computer. It does not allow you to surf on the web freely, and disturbs your browsing sessions. It changes the windows firewall, and disables your existing antivirus tools to invite more infections in the system. Some of the international hackers use this virus as a tool to promote third party websites, and generate traffic on the low ranked sites. All your web searches will be redirected automatically towards unknown places. The speed of your browser decreasing every day, and finally, you will be unable to open any website because of the slow speed.
Manual Removal of Ads by Grabsofts.com pop-u
It is vital to get rid of this adware infection swiftly so that your data as well as system remains protected. In this regard, you have to select what method you preferred to use to remove this adware infection. The manual removal of this virus is possible, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Get the access of the system in the safe mode by restarting the infected PC, and see the boot options menu by using the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarting. Select the Safe mode option from the list and press the Enter key to access the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab to remove the following malicious processes associated with this infection: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following malicious files from the system files folder by remaining in the safe mode operation:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
After completing all of the above mentioned steps according to the instructions, you have to take care of the windows registry in the end. Access the registry editor by running the RegEdit command through the Start Menu. After accessing the registry editor, you have to remove the following associated entries of the Grabsofts.com pop-u, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Grabsofts.com \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Grabsofts.com \UninstallString“%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Grabsofts.com \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Grabsofts.com \DisplayName Grabsofts.com
Restart the machine in the normal mode and see if the Grabsofts.com pop-up adware infection is removed completely or still available. Run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus program.