The gqs.donedrive.net is a malicious application that is categorized as a destructive browser hijacker that attacks the computers secretly, and makes them completely useless if not removed in time. The gqs.donedrive.net can infect all types of browsers, and it hijacks the browsing activity of the user completely to dictate its own terms while surfing on the web. This lethal browser hijacker modifies all the basic internet settings in your PC including the home page, default search engine, default browser, and desktop background. This malicious application is capable of diverting your searches towards unknown websites, and frequently displays the fake alerts about the health of your PC. Besides that, it also disables the windows firewall, and blocks your access to the security tools.
The Manual Removal of gqs.donedrive.net
After getting infected your system by the gqs.donedrive.net virus you have to find a way to remove this browser hijacker. The manual removal of the gqs.donedrive.net virus is possible yet complicated process that is not easy to understand for the novice users. There are several steps involved in the manual removal process that are described as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to terminate the normal mode of operation by restarting the PC. Press the F8 key while the system is restarted to access the boot options menu, and select the safe mode option from the list of boot options before hitting the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After successfully accessing the safe mode, you have to remove the associated processes of the gqs.donedrive.net by using the windows task manager. Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and chooses the Processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background of your system. You must remove the following suspicious processes associated with this browser hijacker infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Access the system files folder by using the file explorer, and delete the following suspicious files associated with the gqs.donedrive.net browser hijacker virus by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Gqs.donedrive.net popup.lnk
- %Programs%\Gqs.donedrive.net popup\Gqs.donedrive.net popup.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, do not forget to remove the malicious entries created by this lethal infection in the windows registry by using the registry editor. Access the registry editor by selecting the Run option available in the Start menu, and type regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the gqs.donedrive.net virus before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gqs.donedrive.net popup\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gqs.donedrive.net popup
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gqs.donedrive.net popup\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gqs.donedrive.net popup\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gqs.donedrive.net popup\DisplayName Gqs.donedrive.net popup
Reboot the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to follow the manual removal instructions. If the virus is removed successfully, you must run a complete system scan on your PC.