The Govome.inspsearch.com is another nasty computer virus that is discovered recently, and designed, developed, as well as distributed by the cyber thugs specifically to threat the windows computers. The Govome.inspsearch.com is classified as a browser hijacker that keeps redirecting the user towards unknown websites where you can easily get additional parasites. This nasty application is developed by some smart hackers in a way that it can find the loopholes in the system security and open the backdoor for the additional computer infections. This malicious application enters in the system while downloading some pirated software, accepting the online offers without reading the terms, spam email attachments, and peer to peer sharing of resources. Apart from that, this nasty browser hijacker keeps generating the fake security alerts about the health of your PC in order to force the user to buy some fake security applications. It will flood your screen with thousands of annoying pop-up messages to promote some low ranked websites, and affiliate products in order to make commissions.
Removal of Govome.inspsearch.com
When it is confirmed that the system is compromised to the Govome.inspsearch.com infection, you have to drop whatever you are doing, and start removing the infections straight away. You can remove this nasty browser hijacker with the help of any reliable automatic removal tool. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available in this regard which is detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal, you have to boot the computer in the safe mode after terminating the normal mode. In this regard, you simply have to restart the infected PC and access the boot options menu with the help of F8 key. Select the safe mode option by using the arrow keys, and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
After booting the infected PC in the safe mode, you have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the Processes tab as soon as the task manager window is visible. Remove the following associated processes of the Govome.inspsearch.com before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Access the file explorer, navigate to the system files folder, and get rid of the following associated files of this browser hijacker:-
- %Desktopdir%\Govome.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker.lnk
- %Programs%\Govome.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker\Govome.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The most important step in this whole process is, cleaning the windows registry by removing the corrupt additions. Open the registry editor by selecting the start menu, choose Run option, and type Regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following entries associated with this lethal browser hijacker:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Govome.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Govome.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Govome.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Govome.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Govome.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker\DisplayName Govome.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker
Do not forget to start the system in the normal mode to check you have removed the virus successfully or otherwise after closing the registry editor.