The Goofler Toolbar is a toolbar infection that enters in the system as a browser add-on, and creates the shortcut that helps you in searching the pictures, videos, and other useful entertainment stuff throughout the web. However, keep in mind that this is an unwanted program that is used by the cyber criminals to display targeted commercial advertisement, and sponsored links through pop-up ads. This malicious application is designed in a way that it record your search queries, and display ads according to the keywords you have used while searching anything on the internet. Whenever you try to visit the shopping website, the Goofler Toolbar displays the coupon deals through pop-up ads to trap you. This dangerous browser add-on is always bringing additional threats to your system by changing the windows firewall, and other security settings. You will also see the slowness in the loading of the websites, and the overall efficiency of the system also degrades.
The Manual Removal of Goofler Toolbar
Once this malicious application enters in the system, and start performing its harmful activities, you have to take immediate steps to protect your data privacy. You can easily get rid of the Goofler Toolbar virus by choosing any powerful automatic removal tool. The manual removal is also available that is described as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The first step of this complicated manual removal process is booting the system in the safe mode. In this regard, you have to restart the system, and with the help of F8 key you have to access the boot options menu while the system is restarting. Choose the safe mode through arrow key, and press the enter key to start the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together so that you can access the task manager. You can see the list of processes running in the background under the processes tab of the task manager window. You need to remove the following associated processes of the Goofler Toolbar from that list by using the End Process button before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to get rid of the following associated files of the Goofler Toolbar from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Goofler Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\Goofler Toolbar\Goofler Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open on the star menu, select Run option, and type Regedit in the box to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the Goofler Toolbar and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Goofler Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Goofler Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Goofler Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Goofler Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Goofler Toolbar\DisplayName Goofler Toolbar
Reboot the system in the normal mode, and update the existing antivirus software to run the system scan and get rid of the infections caused by this infection.