The GoingGo Adware is another variation of recently discovered advanced level adware infections that are designed to attack all the versions of the windows operating system. This malicious application is used to display a huge number of commercial ads, fake alerts, and sponsored links to gain the monetary benefits. The GoingGo Adware infection consumes a huge portion of system resources which reflects in the speed and performance of the system. The GoingGo Adware sneaks into the system while downloading video files, spam emails, and unsafe browsing. This nasty adware is capable of collecting your browsing information and can steal your personal information like credit card details. The GoingGo Adware is a serious threat for the data stored in the system as it can remove many of important system files. It modifies the home page, creates corrupt entries in the windows registry, and disable important system utilities without your consent.
Removal of GoingGo Adware
As soon as this malicious application enters in the system, you have to address this issue with complete responsibility, and your goal must be to protect the data along with the system resources. Besides automatic removal tools, the manual removal method is also available which is only recommended for the advanced level users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
One of the first thing you need to do is, boot the system in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the infected machine and keep pressing the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options menu. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, select the safe mode before hitting the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Now you have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once you are able to see the task manager on the screen, select the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background. Delete the following suspicious processes associated with this nasty adware virus by using the “End Process” button before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Once you are able to remove the processes successfully, you have to get rid of the associated files of this infection. Following are the files that you have to remove from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\GoingGo Adware.lnk
- %Programs%\GoingGo Adware\GoingGo Adware.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are also required to reverse the modifications in the windows registry made by this dangerous virus. Click on the start menu, select the Run option, and write Regedit.exe in the box to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following entries associated with the GoingGo Adware:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\GoingGo Adware\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\GoingGo Adware
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\GoingGo Adware\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\GoingGo Adware\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\GoingGo Adware\DisplayName GoingGo Adware
Close the registry editor window, before rebooting the PC in the normal mode. Update the existing antivirus program to run a complete system scan.