The goggle.com Browser Hijacker is a popular web browser hijacker that has infected several windows based computers in the recent years. Once this nasty browser hijacker sneaks in the computer, it will add a malicious toolbar to the main interface of your browser due to which you cannot surf on the web freely. The goggle.com Browser Hijacker redirects all your searches towards unknown phishing websites where you are encouraged to buy certain products. This malicious application is used by the hackers to collect your personal details, browsing history, and cookies. After collecting the keywords from your search queries, it sends you the targeted pop-up ads to promote the products according to your browsing preferences. Apart from that, this dangerous application also reduces the windows firewall protection in order to redirect you towards some affiliate sites.
Removal of goggle.com Browser Hijacker
After knowing the presence of the goggle.com Browser Hijacker inside the system, you need to remove this dangerous browser hijacker through any reliable method. For the novice users, the automatic removal method is recommended which is not only easy to use, but also extremely quick. The experienced computer users can try the manual removal method in this regard, that is detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can only execute the commands of the manual removal process by remaining in the safe mode of operation. In this regard, you have to restart the system from the start menu, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to open the boot options menu. Once the boot options have appeared on the screen of your computer, you have to hit the Enter key before selecting the safe mode option.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, you have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the processes tab in the task manager window to remove the following associated processes of the goggle.com Browser Hijacker by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, proceed to the system files folder, and remove the following suspicious files with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\goggle.com Browser Hijacker.lnk
- %Programs%\goggle.com Browser Hijacker\goggle.com Browser Hijacker.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, do not forget to clean the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. Open the Start Menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box to execute the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor, you have to delete the following corrupt entries and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\goggle.com Browser Hijacker\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\goggle.com Browser Hijacker
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\goggle.com Browser Hijacker\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\goggle.com Browser Hijacker\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\goggle.com Browser Hijacker\DisplayName goggle.com Browser Hijacker
Restart the system in the normal mode to know that the virus is removed from the system or still available. Update the existing antivirus program and run a system scan if the virus is removed successfully.