The Go.ad2trck.com pop-up ads is a computer virus that has infected thousands of computers all over the world in the recent years. This nasty infection is categorized as a redirect virus that sneaks in the system without your consent. This malicious application diurectly affect your internet connection, and causes system freezes issues. You will receive pop-up ads on the entire screen of your system, and when you try to click on these pop-ups, you will get additional parasites. Besides that, this extremely dangerous redirect virus is also used by the hackers to record your browsing routine to show more targted commercial ads according to your browsing preferences. The Go.ad2trck.com pop-up ad is a serious threat for the privacy of your data as it always collects the personal details such as bank account details, credit card numbers, and other credentials related to your financial information.
Removal of Go.ad2trck.com pop-up ads
Once you are able to confirm the presence of the Go.ad2trck.com pop-up ad inside your system, you have to realize that this is a serious threat that needed to be removed quickly. There are some powerful automatic tools available in this regard. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available which is only recommended for the experienced computer users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
In order to boot the system in the safe mode, you have to restart the PC and keep pressing the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options menu. Once the boot options are visible on the screen of your system, select the safe mode before hitting the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
To get rid of the associated processes of this infection, you have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Select the processes tab under the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the background. Delete the following suspicious processes by using the “End Process” button before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
In the next step of manual removal process, you have to get rid of the associated files of this infection. Following are the files that you have to remove from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Go.ad2trck.com pop-up ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Go.ad2trck.com pop-up ads\Go.ad2trck.com pop-up ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You must reverse the modifications in the windows registry created by this nasty redirect virus. Click on the start menu, select the Run option, and write Regedit.exe in the box to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following entries associated with the Go.ad2trck.com pop-up ad:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Go.ad2trck.com pop-up ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Go.ad2trck.com pop-up ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Go.ad2trck.com pop-up ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Go.ad2trck.com pop-up ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Go.ad2trck.com pop-up ads\DisplayName Go.ad2trck.com pop-up ads
Close the registry editor window, before rebooting the PC in the normal mode. Update the existing antivirus program to run a complete system scan.