The Gis.driveropen.net Pop-up ads is a dangerous browser hijacker that recently developed and distributed by the hackers. The motive of developing such lethal browser hijacker is to steal the sensitive details of the targeted users, and use such details in the online frauds. It presents itself as a legitimate search engine, but in reality this is a virus that is designed to trap the innocent computer users. Whenever you try to search anything on the web, you will see the fake alerts, and manipulated search results. After settling down in the system, it immediately modifies the system settings, and changes the home page, and desktop background. All your searching efforts will be redirected towards unknown websites. This happens because the developers of this malicious application want to generate the traffic on their affiliate sites and earn money through pay per click programs. You will also notice the huge decrease in the speed of the system, and the performance of your PC also degrades because of this virus.
The Manual Removal of Gis.driveropen.net Pop-up ads
When you are able to notice the symptoms of the Gis.driveropen.net Pop-up ads virus in your system. You have to take solid steps to remove this infection. For the novice computer user, we recommend the automatic removal method. However, if you have experience of removing such infections manually, you can try the manual removal method which is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
In order to start the manual removal process, you need to boot the infected computer in the safe mode. In this regard, you need to restart the system and access the boot options through F8 key. Choose the safe mode option from the list of options and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you are able to access the system in safe mode, the next thing you have to do is removal of the associated processes of the Gis.driveropen.net Pop-up ads virus. Open the task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and remove the following associated processes of this virus from the list of processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Following are some of the suspicious files hidden in the system files folder that you need to remove quickly:-
- %Desktopdir%\Gis.driveropen.net Pop-up ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Gis.driveropen.net Pop-up ads\Gis.driveropen.net Pop-up ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of the manual removal process is cleaning the windows registry. Access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the Start menu. Get rid of the following associated entries of the Gis.driveropen.net Pop-up ads from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gis.driveropen.net Pop-up ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gis.driveropen.net Pop-up ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gis.driveropen.net Pop-up ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gis.driveropen.net Pop-up ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gis.driveropen.net Pop-up ads\DisplayName Gis.driveropen.net Pop-up ads
Restart the PC in the normal mode to see how effectively you have performed the manual removal task of the Gis.driveropen.net Pop-up ads after closing the registry editor.