The Gip.driverdiv.net Pop-up is just another variation of recent series of dangerous adware programs that are designed specifically to invade the windows based computers secretly. The Gip.driverdiv.net Pop-up is distributed by the cyber crooks to run commercial ad campaigns. The hackers use this infection as a tool to promote affiliate products, services, and sponsored links. This is a malicious application that takes over the system completely, and you will experience more frequent system crashes. The speed of the internet connection also got affected because of this infection, and you are unable to open any website. The Gip.driverdiv.net Pop-up is actually a platform that is used by the hackers to make commissions from affiliate sales and pay per click programs. After installing on the system without the permission of the user, it modifies most of the browser settings, alters the windows registry, and collects the personal information of the targeted users.
Removal of Gip.driverdiv.net Pop-up
Once the Gip.driverdiv.net Pop-up virus is discovered on the system, you have to take immediate steps to remove this dangerous infection. The automatic removal of this nasty adware is easy as well as fast; However, the manual removal process is also available in this regard which consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal only starts when you start the system in the safe mode instead of normal mode. In this regard, restart the system and keep pressing the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options. Once the list of boot options displayed on the screen, select the safe mode option, and hit the Enter key to open the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode on your system, you have to get rid of the malicious processes added by the Gip.driverdiv.net Pop-up infection. You have to access the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab to see a list of processes. Kill the following processes from the list by using the “End Process“button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and remove the following associated files of the Gip.driverdiv.net Pop-up virus from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\gip.driverdiv.net Pop-up.lnk
- %Programs%\gip.driverdiv.net Pop-up\gip.driverdiv.net Pop-up.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You cannot complete the manual removal process unless you do not delete the corrupt entries from the windows registry. Access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the start menu. Once the registry editor is started, delete the following entries associated with the Gip.driverdiv.net Pop-up:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\gip.driverdiv.net Pop-up\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\gip.driverdiv.net Pop-up
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\gip.driverdiv.net Pop-up\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\gip.driverdiv.net Pop-up\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\gip.driverdiv.net Pop-up\DisplayName gip.driverdiv.net Pop-up
After completing the above mentioned steps, you have to restart the system once again in the normal mode to evaluate the success of the manual removal process, and run a complete system scan after updating the existing antivirus program.