The gin.mapdiv.net is a malicious application that is categorized as an adware infection designed as well as distributed by the hackers to gain the financial benefits. This adware program often distributed through a Trojan that is hidden in a file you download while updating a software, or downloading a video file. This computer worm enters in the system by using the vulnerabilities in the security settings of your system. Once installed, it blocks your antivirus, and disables some of the important features of your operating system. You will notice that the system performance is decreasing with each day passing, and you are unable to open some of the data files folder. Your browsing sessions affected because of the annoying pop-up ads, and often you see the browser crashes without any reason. The hackers use this adware infection to access the private information of the selected users. This private information includes the credit card numbers, bank account details, browsing history, emails, passwords, and shopping preferences. You cannot access the windows task manager, registry editor, and other important system utilities.
Removal of gin.mapdiv.net
Once it is confirmed that the gin.mapdiv.net virus is available in your computer, you need to find an effective way of getting rid of this infection. There are some reliable automatic tools available t5hrough which you can remove this infection within just a few minutes. The manual removal of this adware infection is also possible, but extremely complicated and mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot start the manual removal process execution unless you do not boot the system in the safe mode. Restart the PC, and access the boot options screen by hitting the F8 key repeatedly. Once the boot options screen is accessed, you have to select the safe mode by using the arrow keys before pressing the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the task manager window, and click on the processes tab to where you can see the list of processes running in the background. Remove the following processes associated with the gin.mapdiv.net, and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to get rid of the associated data of the gin.mapdiv.net adware infection. In this regard, following are some of the files required to remove quickly:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to reverse the modifications made by this adware in the windows registry. Click on the start menu, select Run and type Regedit.exe in the box to open the registry editor. Delete the following malicious entries associated with the gin.mapdiv.net after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\gin.mapdiv.net\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\gin.mapdiv.net\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\gin.mapdiv.net\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\gin.mapdiv.net\DisplayName gin.mapdiv.net
Reboot the system in the normal mode, update the existing antivirus program, and run a complete system scan after completing all the above mentioned steps.