The Gij.maptri.net Redirect Virus is a lethal computer virus that invades the windows based computers without getting the consent of the user. The Gij.maptri.net Redirect Virus is classified as a browser hijacker that changes the default browser settings, and redirect all your searches towards unknown places. The hackers use this application to run third party ads, and other commercial advertisement on the targeted computers. You can see a number of new plugins on your browser due to which the speed of the browser becomes extremely slow. This malicious application spreads easily from one computer to another on the same network. The main purpose of this nasty virus is to access the personal financial details of the user, and use these details to steal the money through online frauds and other cyber crimes.
Removal of Gij.maptri.net Redirect Virus
Before start removing the Gij.maptri.net Redirect Virus, you have to confirm its presence. This malicious application can be removed through any reliable automatic tool which is the most convenient method. The manual removal is also available which is only recommended for the advanced level users, and detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
In order to start the manual removal, you need to boot the infected computer in the safe mode. In this regard, you need to restart the system, and keep hitting the F8 key to see the list of boot options while the system is restarted. Once the boot options are accessed, you have to select the safe mode option, and hit the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system is started in the safe mode, you have to get rid of the associated processes of this threat. In this regard, open the task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and select the Processes tab to remove the following associated processes of this nasty infection before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Get rid of the following associated files of the Gij.maptri.net Redirect Virus from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Gij.maptri.net Redirect Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Gij.maptri.net Redirect Virus\Gij.maptri.net Redirect Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The The last and most important step of this process is normalizing the windows registry by removing the suspicious entries. Open the start menu, select the Run, and type RegEdit in the box to access the registry editor. Remove the following suspicious entries through the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gij.maptri.net Redirect Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gij.maptri.net Redirect Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gij.maptri.net Redirect Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gij.maptri.net Redirect Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gij.maptri.net Redirect Virus\DisplayName Gij.maptri.net Redirect Virus
After completing all the above mentioned steps, you are required to reboot the system in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the manual removal process. Run a system scan through any updated antivirus program.