The Ggl.topsecure24.com pop-up is an advertising platform that is used by the hackers to promote third party products and earn money through illegal way. This malicious application is categorized as an adware, and it attacks the targeted users while performing unsafe browsing, downloading an update from unknown source, watching live streaming, and clicking on the spam email attachment. Once this nasty adware arrives in any system, it will take over the browsing activity, and start showing the countless numbers of pop-up ads frequently on the screen. Mostly these ads are about promotional vouchers on the different online stores. After a few days, it starts showing the unwanted advertisement which does not allow you to surf on the web freely. Your browsing sessions always disturbed because of thee annoying ads that appear frequently on the screen. This nasty adware program always installed automatically without any manual interface from any one, and connects your system to a remote server that is managed by the cyber crooks.
Manual Removal of Ads by Ggl.topsecure24.com pop-up
As soon as it is confirmed that the system is compromised to the Ggl.topsecure24.com pop-up, you need to remove this infection at your earliest. There are some excellent automatic tools available in this regard, and if you are a novice user, we recommend you the automatic removal method. The manual removal of this adware is also possible which is detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the system, and access the boot options screen by using the F8 key. You have to select the Safe mode option from the list and press the Enter key to access the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager. In the task manager window, you can see a list of processes running in the background of your system. You have to get rid of the following processes associated with the Ggl.topsecure24.com pop-up infection: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the associated files of the Ggl.topsecure24.com pop-up by using the file explorer. In this regard, following are the files that are required to be removed from the system files folder:-
- %Programs%\Ggl.topsecure24.com pop-up\Ggl.topsecure24.com.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the final step of this process, you have to open the start menu, and run the RegEdit command before pressing the OK button to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following associated entries of the Ggl.topsecure24.com pop-up:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Ggl.topsecure24.com\DisplayIcon%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Ggl.topsecure24.com
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Ggl.topsecure24.com\UninstallString“%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Ggl.topsecure24.com\ShortcutPath“%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Ggl.topsecure24.com\DisplayNameGgl.topsecure24.com
Reboot the system in the normal mode to see if the virus is removed effectively. If you are succeeded in removing this malicious application, you have to run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus program.