The Getfiles Download App is a serious computer threat that is categorized as an adware, and often sneaks in the computers without getting the permission from the users. This malicious application attacks the systems all over the world by using different mediums such as peer to peer sharing, junk mails, bundled download, and removable storage devices. This malicious adware introduces itself as a useful tool that will help you in enhancing the speed of downloading the files from the web, but in reality, this is a trap that is set by the cyber crooks for the innocent users. Once installed, it start displaying the pop-up ads while surfing on the web. You will also notice that the random text on the web pages is turned into the hyperlinks. There are countless fake pop-up messages appears in the screen stating that you need to update some of your important software.
Removal of Getfiles Download App
There are two methods through which you can remove this malicious application from your system. For the entrance level computer users, there are some reliable automatic tools available. On the other hand, the manual removal process is also available in this regard which is only recommended for the computer experts and mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to access the system in the safe mode before starting the manual removal process. In this regard, you have to restart the system to terminate the normal mode, and open the boot options screen by using the F8 key while the system is restarting. Select the Safe Moe option from the boot options choices, and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager by remaining in the safe mode through the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Select the processes tab available under the task manager window to see a list of processes. Delete the following malicious processes associated with this adware virus: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to get rid of the malicious files downloaded by this infection in the system files folder. In this regard, following are some of the suspicious files that are required to be removed quickly:-
- %Desktopdir%\Getfiles Download App .lnk
- %Programs%\Getfiles Download App \Getfiles Download App .lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Get rid of the fake registry entries created by the Getfiles Download App. In this regard, access the registry editor by running the RegEdit command from the Start menu and, remove the following associated entries of the Getfiles Download App:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Getfiles Download App \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Getfiles Download App
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Getfiles Download App \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Getfiles Download App \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Getfiles Download App \DisplayName Getfiles Download App
Once you have done with all of the above mentioned steps, it is time to check the effectiveness of your manual removal efforts. In this regard, reboot the system in the normal mode, and see if the system is normalized or otherwise. .