The Generic8_c.EYJ is a malicious application categorized as a Trojan infection. This deadly dangerous Trojan can make your system completely useless once installed, and remain resident in the system. After getting itself installed, the Generic8_c.EYJ immediately creates the startup key in the windows registry which makes it able to start automatically every time you start the windows. The purpose of developing and spreading such dangerous application is to steal the confidential credentials of the users from the infected computers. These details may also include the online shopping history of the users, and their payment methods along with the credit card details. The Generic8_c.EYJ is a type of Trojan infection that opens the backdoor for the additional threats by changing the privacy settings, and redirects all your searches towards phishing websites. Your speed is also affected badly because most of the memory of your computer is eaten by this malicious Trojan.
The Manual Removal of Generic8_c.EYJ
Once installed on any computer, this malicious virus remains resident in that system, and as a user, you need to get rid of this malicious application as quickly as possible, either by using any reliable automatic tool or manually. The manual removal of this virus is not an easy task; therefore, it is only recommended for the advanced level computer user. The manual removal method is detailed below:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
The [process starts from rebooting the computer in the safe mode. You have to restart the infected computer, hit F8 key to see the boot options, and select safe mode option to terminate the normal mode, and restart your system in the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to access the windows task manager, and click on the processes tab of this window. Under this tab you can see all the processes running in your computer. You need to get rid of the following processes related to this threat:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and find the following files that are associated with the Generic8_c.EYJ. Remove these files along with the folders quickly with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Programs%\Generic8_c.EYJ \Generic8_c.EYJ.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the start button, select the “Run”, type “RegEdit”, and press “OK “ to open the registry editor where you can remove or modify the corrupt registry entries. You have to find and remove the following associated entries of this malicious application one by one:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Generic8_c.EYJ \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Generic8_c.EYJ
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Generic8_c.EYJ \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS] [RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\ [RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Generic8_c.EYJ \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\ [RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Generic8_c.EYJ \DisplayName Generic8_c.EYJ
After completing the removal of the above mentioned entries, you have to close the registry editor, and restart the computer in the normal mode. Update the current antivirus software, and run a complete system scan to remove the infections caused by the Generic8_c.EYJ.