The Generic32.ipg is a dangerous virus which is categorized as a Trojan. Once this tricky Trojan virus installed on your computer, you will feel the gradual slowdown in the overall performance of your computer. This is not an adware virus, but you will receive quite a number of pop-up ads after getting infected from this malicious application. Whenever you will try to browse anything, these pop-up ads do not allow you to browse freely. Besides that, the Generic32.ipg also changes the browser settings such as home page, and default search engine due to which you are redirected towards certain websites whenever you try to search anything. This malicious Trojan application provides hackers a chance to control your computer remotely, and use the recorded and tracked information for the criminal purposes. Once you have detected this dangerous virus on your PC, you need to get rid of this at your earliest.
Manual Removal Method of Generic32.ipg
There are some reliable online automatic removal tools available to get rid of the Generic32.ipg, but if you are interested in removing this virus manually, you can do this by following some complicated steps. However, one thing which you need to keep in mind before trying the manual option is, the success of manual method depends on the knowledge of the user. Following are the instructions that you need to follow for removing this virus manually:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
The first step of manual removal process is starting the computer in safe mode by terminating the normal mode. This can be done by restarting the PC, and pressing F8 key to see the boot options where you have to select the safe mode option, and press enter key to restart the PC in safe mode.
Delete the Malicious Processes
After starting the machine in safe mode, you need to end the malicious processes attached to this threat. To end the processes, you have to open the task manager window by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and hit the processes tab. Here you can see all the running processes in the background. You have to delete the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
The next step of manual removal process is deleting the files and folders related to this malicious application. In this regard, following are the files that needed to be removed:-
Delete Registry Entries
To remove the malicious registry entries, you need to open the registry editor by using the Run option available in the start menu. You have to write the RegEdit command before hitting the OK button, and when the registry editor opened, you need to find and delete the following suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Generic32.ipg\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Generic32.ipg\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Generic32.ipg\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Generic32.ipg\DisplayName Generic32.ipg
Restart the computer in the normal mode after closing the registry editor window to see the effect of changes you have just made.