The Generic32.ANXS is a nasty Trojan infection that has destroyed thousands of windows based computers all over the world. Once installed, in your computer, the Generic32.ANXS immediately modifies most of the important system settings, and this virus cannot be detected by any antivirus program. This Trojan infection is used by hackers to perform some unwanted tasks such as stealing of information about the user, and track the activities of the users. Once installed, the Generic32.ANXS hide itself wisely in the roots of the system files, and keep changing the names as well as the location. This nasty Trojan virus also steals the pictures stored on your computer, and published these pictures on the public websites or social media forums. Besides that, the system becomes extremely slow once this dangerous Trojan installed on it.
The Manual Removal of Generic32.ANXS
Once installed on any computer, you need to remove this Trojan application immediately with the help of automatic removal tool or manually. The manual removal of this virus is possible but it is only recommended for the computer professionals and advanced level computer user. Following are the instructions for the manual removal of this virus:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
First of all you have to terminate the normal mode of the infected computer by restarting it, and use F8 key to access the boot options menu. You have to select the safe mode from the list of options, and hit the Enter key.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
To open the windows task manager, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab, where you can see a list of processes running in the background. You have to quickly remove the following processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
Once the above mentioned steps completed, you have to proceed to the system files folder in order to find the following files that are associated with the Generic32.ANXS. Once you are able to see these files, you have to delete them quickly by using the Delete key:-
- %Programs%\Generic32.ANXS \Generic32.ANXS.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Do not forget to clean the windows registry, as without doing this, the Generic32.ANXS cannot be removed completely. You need to clean the windows registry by removing the entries created by this dangerous Trojan. Open the registry editor by accessing the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit. Once the registry editor is accessed successfully, you have to find and delete the following corrupt entries associated with this virus:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Generic32.ANXS \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Generic32.ANXS \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Generic32.ANXS \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Generic32.ANXS \DisplayName Generic32.ANXS
Close the registry editor, and restart the machine in the normal mode instead of safe mode. Update the current antivirus program, and also run a complete system scan to remove the infections caused by the Generic32.ANXS.