Once installed, this malicious application restarts the infected system frequently without your permission, and the speed of the system also reduces. Besides that, the Generic29.ajge is also capable of modifying the entries in the windows registry by adding the startup key that makes this virus able to start automatically every time you run your windows. This virus is used by the hackers as a tool to record the online activities of the users remotely, and steal the most confidential details including the banking credentials as well as particular of your credit card. This malicious application eats most of the system resources which not only degrade the overall performance of the computer but also disturb your routine work. Besides running the annoying pop-up ads on the screen, the Generic29.ajge also redirects your searches towards unknown websites.
The Manual Removal of Generic29.ajge
When the presence of this malicious Trojan horse application is confirmed, you have to delete this virus as quickly as possible. You can delete this virus manually, but for the basic level users we recommend automatic removal tools. Below are the detailed instructions about the manual removal process of this virus:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
The manual removal process starts from rebooting the computer in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode. In this regard, you have to restart the machine, and press the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options list. Select the safe mode from the list of boot options and press the enter key to restart your computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Delete the corrupt processes associated with this malicious application from the computer. In this regard, open the task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Under the processes tab, you can see these processes that you need to delete:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Open the file explorer, and remove following suspicious files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan Horse Generic29.AJGE.lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan Horse Generic29.AJGE\Trojan Horse Generic29.AJGE.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by clicking the start menu, select “Run”, and write “regedit”. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to find as well as delete the following corrupt entries from the windows registry, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Generic29.AJGE\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Generic29.AJGE
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Generic29.AJGE\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Generic29.AJGE\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Generic29.AJGE\DisplayName Trojan Horse Generic29.AJGE
Restart the system in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the manual removal process. Besides that, you are also required to run a complete system scan on your computer.