The Generic.TMH is a nasty computer virus classified as an adware infection, and attacks the windows based systems without providing any prior notice to the user. Once installed, the Generic.TMH displays countless pop-up ads regarding discounted offers, and coupon deals. This malicious application distributed through the spam email attachments, using corrupt removable devices, and downloading freeware from the untrusted sources. The Generic.TMH infection hide itself wisely in deep in the system and it is not easy for any antivirus program to detect or remove this virus. After entering in the system, the Generic.TMH virus immediately changes the searching terms and when you want to open a website, you will be diverted towards malicious websites. The cyber criminals using this viorus as a tool to steal the confidential details of the targeted users. These details may include the credit card numbers, names, emails, passwords, and other financial information.
The Manual Removal of Generic.TMH
After confirming the presence of the Generic.TMH virus in your system you need to ask yourself how you want to delete this nasty computer virus. You have got manual as well as automatic removal choices to delete this infection. However, removing such nasty infections manually is an extremely hard job. The steps involved in the manual removal method are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the steps of the manual removal process, you are required to access the system in the safe mode. Reboot the infected computer, and keep hiting the F8 key till you are able to see the boot options menu. Select the safe mode from the available list, and press the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of the manual removal process is the removal of the associated processes. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to start the windows task manager, and click on the Processes tab in the task manager window. Kill the following malicious processes associated with the Generic.TMH virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Access the system files folder from the file explorer, and remove the following files with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last and most important step of the manual removal process is cleaning the windows registry. Open the start menu, click on the Run option, and write “regedit.exe” in the box before pressing the OK button to open the registry editor. After the registry editor is accessed, you are required to remove the following associated entries of the Generic.TMH:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Generic.TMH\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Generic.TMH\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Generic.TMH\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Generic.TMH\DisplayName Generic.TMH
Close the registry editor before restarting the computer in the normal mode to see how successfully you have removed the infection. If the threat is removed successfully, you have to run a complete system scan through the updated version of your current antivirus.