The Gen: Variant.Kazy.222151 is a nasty computer infection classified as a dangerous Trojan horse that slips in the computers using windows operating system without providing any prior information to the user. Once installed, it can damage your system in a way that it will become completely useless. After modifying the security settings, and windows firewall, it opens a back gate for the additional parasites. This malicious program invades the computer while downloading freeware, opening spam emails, visiting hacked websites, and using infected removable storage devices. Once installed, the Gen: Variant.Kazy.222151 remains resident in the background, and can replicate itself quickly. It is capable of taking control of your browser by changing the browser settings, and you will notice that the home page along with desktop as well as search provider is modified without your permission. The screen of your computer is flooded with annoying pop-up ads, and you will experience browser crashing issues more frequently.
Removal of Gen: Variant.Kazy.222151
Once you become the victim of the Gen: Variant.Kazy.222151 trojan horse infection, you have to get rid of this infection without wasting a single minute. This malicious application can be removed manually as well as automatically. The manual removal process is a bit complicated and only recommended for the professionals, that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot start the manual removal of this Trojan horse by remaining in the normal mode; therefore, you have to boot the system in the safe mode before starting the manual removal process. In this regard, Restart the system, and while the system is restarted, strike the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options screen. Once the boot options screen displayed, you have to select the Safe Mode option and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the task manager, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the background of your system. Get rid of the following associated processes of the Gen: Variant.Kazy.222151:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After removing the processes, you have to get rid of the associated data of this stubborn Trojan horse. In this regard, following are some of the suspicious files that you need to remove quickly:-
- %Desktopdir%\Gen: Variant.Kazy.222151.lnk
- %Programs%\Gen: Variant.Kazy.222151\Gen: Variant.Kazy.222151.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last but not least, delete the suspicious entries from the windows registry. In this regard, open the registry editor by running the Regedit command through the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gen: Variant.Kazy.222151\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gen: Variant.Kazy.222151
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gen: Variant.Kazy.222151\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gen: Variant.Kazy.222151\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gen: Variant.Kazy.222151\DisplayName Gen: Variant.Kazy.222151
Access the system in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of your efforts, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus.