The Gaming Wonderland Toolbar is one of the malicious toolbar infection that has destroyed thousands of the windows based computers in the recent years. This deadly dangerous computer virus enters into the computer through spam email attachments, visiting compromised websites, and downloading free software from unknown sources. Once getting installed on your PC, the Gaming Wonderland Toolbar runs annoying pop-up ads on your computer that does not allow you to complete your tasks. Besides that, this malicious computer virus eats most of the resources in your system and you will experience the considerable slowdown in the internet speed. Some of the notorious hackers use this multipurpose infection to access the private information of the targeted user and use that precious information to steal the money through frauds. The Gaming Wonderland Toolbar also opens the backdoor for the additional threats by changing the security settings of your system, and also disable the antivirus program installed on your computer. This dangerous computer virus remains resident for a longer period if not removed quickly and completely.
The Manual Removal of Gaming Wonderland Toolbar
You have got the options to remove this stubborn computer virus through manual removal instructions or by selecting any powerful automatic removal tool. Both methods have their own advantages and drawbacks but keep in mind that the manual removal is only recommended for the advanced level computer users. The manual removal instructions of this infection are detailed below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
To start your computer in the safe mode, you have to reboot the system, and press the F8 key repeatedly to access to the boot options menu. Once you are able to see the boot options, select the safe mode and hit the Enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager window, and click on the Processes tab to see the list of the running processes. You are required to delete the following processes related to the Gaming Wonderland Toolbar infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Open the file explorer and click on the system files folder in the local drive to remove the following corrupt files:-
- %Desktopdir%\Gaming Wonderland Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\Gaming Wonderland Toolbar\Gaming Wonderland Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The windows registry is also required to be cleaned in order to complete the manual removal process. In this regard, click on the start menu, select the Run option, and write “RegEdit” before pressing the Enter key to open the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor, you have to remove the following malicious entries from the windows registry before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gaming Wonderland Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gaming Wonderland Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gaming Wonderland Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gaming Wonderland Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gaming Wonderland Toolbar\DisplayName Gaming Wonderland Toolbar
Restart the system to see the effect of recent changes and run a complete system scan.